- 18 hours ago
- 2 days ago
- 2 days ago
we live in a world where pizza gets to your house before the police.
That’s because the pizza guy has consequences if his job is done incorrectly.
but not by the pizza guy
(via herculesfitch)Source: bullied
- 3 days ago
- 4 days ago
The Egyptian Mau is probably the oldest breed of cat. In fact, the breed is so ancient that its name is the Egyptian word for “cat.”
now I am just imagining a very early Egyptian encountering a wild cat for the first time.
human: what the fuck are you?
human: oh okay then
The very first pokemon.
passionateenmity! IT’S PIPPIN!
(via passionateenmity)Source: historical-nonfiction
- 6 days ago
Please consider supporting this project by becoming a backer and pledging to our cause or just by spreading the word! Reblog this post! Post it to Facebook and Twitter! Tell your friends about it. We need the help and support of theatre people all around the world!
A fast-pace, zany comedy involving six actors performing seven usually untold Grimm Fairy Tales about giants, witches, demons and more!
The Untold Tales of the Brothers Grimm is a full length comedy play by Andrew G. Cooper in which The Brothers Grimm, along with some family and friends, performing seven wonderful Fairy Tales that usually go untold. The play is being produced by Chimera Theatre and will be performed in Kamloops, British Columbia in January 2015.
Over the course of the show, six actors will be presenting over 75 different characters in their epic retelling of seven lesser known Grimm Fairy Tales. Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm, the famous German folklore enthusiasts, team up with their young brother Ludwig Grimm, Wilhelm’s fiance Dorothea Wild, her younger sister Lisette Wild and their nurse Old Marie to give you an evening you won’t soon forget. Together they tell stories that surpass the likes of “Snow White,” “Sleeping Beauty,” “Little Red Riding Hood,” and “Cinderella” including “Bearskin,” “The Devil with the Three Golden Hairs,” and “Death’s Messenger.” The Play is filled with memorable characters with everything from soldiers to kings, bear to giants, witches to demons and princes to queens. It has been called, “…equally captivating and fantastic.” (Courtenay Dickson, The Omega).
The Untold Tales of the Brothers Grimm explores a variety of theatrical mediums which are excited and engaging (and expensive!). The show is filled with masks, puppets, fight choreography, stilts, dance and, of course, storytelling. It unites these aspects of theatre to create a truly spectacular show that we’re sure audiences will love and remember.
This production is FUN! It’s hilarious and poignant and has a high-energy and lovable cast. It’s family friendly and sure to have something for everyone to enjoy! This is Chimera Theatre’s biggest project yet and we need your help to make it happen.
Cast and Crew
So where do you come in?
The Untold Tales of the Brothers Grimm is a very large project. It’s the most ambitious production we’ve attempted to date and we want to do justice in our performance of it. We’ve been doing our best to raise money, apply for grants and seek out sponsors, but we still need more help! And that is where you come it.
Your contributions will go directly towards:
- COSTUMES - Remember when we said the show had over 75 characters? Well, we need costumes for all those characters. We’ve already found a great deal of generous support to help us with costuming, but we haven’t quite reached our goal yet. We have thieves, kings, giants, watchmen, a bear, the Devil, farmers, guards, a huntress, witches, the Devil’s grandmother, ravens, a fairy ferryman, soldiers, a cross-dressing prostitute, Death himself and many more! We’ve even found someone to sew a bear costume for us, but the fabric for that alone has cost us a great deal.
- PROPS - We also need to build, buy and rent props. These include the many different masks and puppets that make the show so unique and wonderful. The show also calls for an assortment of other items including magic shoes, sacks of gold, babies, oars and a boat, a turkey, wine bottles, guns, knives, a black spear, a fishing net and more.
- SET - But all the props and costumes in the world would mean nothing without somewhere to perform! We need help raising money for materials to design and construct a set.
- TALENT - Right now our brilliant six person ensemble and amazing directing and stage management teams are working for the joy of creating art (and some occasional cookies). We would be overjoyed to be able to pay our performers and technicians for the time and talent that they bring to us.
- PROMOTION - We want to share this amazing show with as many people as we can! We have to pay for the printing of our programs, handbills and posters as well as for the maintenance and upkeep of our website. And the simplest way of helping us get the word out about this show would be to share this page with others!
- VENUE - Even with all this, our largest expense will be the rental of the theatre venue needed to stage this performance. We will be performing in the Pavillion Theatre, a space large enough to facilitate our needs but not too large as to be outside of our projected budget.
YOUR HELP MAKES A DIFFERENCE!
…this project can be amazing with your help!
So now you know where your money is going. Be sure to check out the amazing awards you can get by pledging to us!
But what if I don’t live in Kamloops or even in British Columbia you ask? Fear not my friend! Besides the fantastic rewards we are offering to people who pledge you can also be filled with the wondrous feeling of helping in the creation of live theatre. The arts need the support of people like you whether you’re our neighbour or you live in a neighbouring country!
And if by some miracle we get more support from generous people like yourself than originally anticipated then we want to take The Untold Tales of the Brothers Grimm on tour! There are a number of other cities nearby we would love to perform in (we’re looking at your Vancouver!) as well as Fringe Festivals across the country. If we get enough funding maybe we’ll be coming to a city near you after all.
We would also love to extend our run here in Kamloops so we can share this show with even more people! We want as many people as possible to experience this wonderful show, but need the funds to make it happen!
Chimera Theatre , a non-profit organization, is a new theatre company currently based out of Kamloops, British Columbia. We are currently in our inaugural season and are striving to present innovative, inventive and original works of Theatre. As a company our focus is on original and creative works that explore non-traditional venues and styles of theatre. We are dedicated to furthering the artistic endeavors of emerging artists and aim to provide work for new artists in all areas of theatre.
You can find our more about us or take a look at our 2014/2015 season by visiting our website: www.chimeratheatre.com.
Want to know more about us? Visit our staff page to read up on the faces behind Chimera Theatre: www.chimeratheatre.com/ourstaff
Photos by Lynn Sunderman Photography.
Video by Jordan Nicholson.
- 6 days ago
- 1 week ago